Thursday, August 31, 2017

ATTEMPTED BREAK-IN

Last night after I posted my blog post there was some excitement!  At about 12:15 am, my doorbell rang. The dogs went crazy, I jumped up from sleep disoriented.  I grabbed my cellphone and went upstairs.  Once I got upstairs I remembered that I have a security camera outside at my front door.  I turned the camera app on and looked at who was at the door.  I pressed the microphone and said to the person "what do you want?"  The person didn't answer.  I saw them walk away. Then I noticed the security light on the side entrance of my house when on.  The guy was at the door trying to get in.  I grabbed my landline and dialed 911.  The dispatcher took my information and told me to go into a room and lock the door.  He asked if my dogs would attack. I said one was in a cage but the other might.  The dogs were making a racket. 

The dispatcher stayed on the phone until the police arrived.  It felt like forever but it was probably a few minutes.  There were 4 police cars.  The guy had disappeared.  (I found out later the dogs scared him off.  Extra treats tomorrow!)  The police took my report (while I was in my pajamas) and then went off to find the guy. 

The guy is the same guy who has been terrorizing my neighborhood.  He was a squatter in the house under construction across the street.  I called the police on him a few times for that.  He tried to get into my neighbors house about two months ago.  He also tried my door then.  He is a meth user and supposedly violent.  He has serious mental health issues.

I went back to bed but could not fall asleep.  The police called me later to tell me that they found him and told him to stay away.  I know what you are thinking: why wasn't he arrested?  There was no damage to my door, I didn't actually see him doing anything, and he disappeared before the police arrived.  So there was no felony activity. 

It took me many hours to fall back to sleep,

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!