Tuesday, August 22, 2017

LUCKY GETS DENTAL WORK

Poor little Lucky had to go to the dentist today.  She had a level 2 dental appointment.  Level 1 is the lowest and Level 3 is the highest.  Lucky has had a Level 3 before.  Today we were not expecting her dental work to be too bad.

I dropped her off at 7 am after skipping her breakfast.  The dentist called me about 4.5 hours later and said they were done.  Lucky did really good.  They had to remove 6 teeth.  They were all small teeth except one molar.  Yes, I hear you say, 6 teeth.  She already had 12 teeth removed over the years so this was not too bad.  At least these were little teeth.  While she was under the anesthesia they also cut her nails.

They kept her in recovery until 5pm.  I asked that they take off her bandage.  Last time I had to take off her bandage, she had a meltdown and I had to get a neighbor to assist me.  She was so scared.

She was groggy on her way home.

She went right to sleep when she got home.  At 8 pm I made my baby some rice and chicken and she ate it up. I then had to give her the medication.  It is never easy with Lucky.  Even with chicken flavored medicine, she still would not let me squirt it in her mouth.

She is sound asleep until the morning.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!