Wednesday, August 23, 2017

GIVING LUCKY MEDICINE

Every time Lucky gets sick or has some thing medically happen, I have to give Lucky medicine.  It is such a trauma for me.  It is hard for her but a trauma for me.

Lucky hates taking medicine.  She stands in the corner and gets up on all fours and bares her teeth with a growl.  It would scare most people.  She would probably bite you if you came close to her.  She is scared and sick, this is not a good combination.  In fact last time she had her teeth removed they sent her home with a bandage and it took me and my brave neighbor to get it off of her.  I had to hold her head while she was growling under my arm with her scratching me while he cut the bandage off her other arm.  My neighbor was so brave.

This time I made them take the bandage off and keep her an extra hour.  That way I didn't have to do it.  I just had to give her the medicine which is traumatic enough.  I had two liquid medicines that needed to be squirted into her mouth.  Her growling, teeth-barring mouth.  Fun.  She was as good as she can be about it for about 3-4 days.  Then it got hard.  I tried to put it on different things and give it to her.  Listen with Lucky you do what you can and wish for the best when it comes to medicines.

It was funny when the tech gave me the medicines.  He told me no dog turns down the medicine because it tastes like honey.  Ha.  Meet Lucky.  The other medicine tastes like some type of meat.  Yeah.  No.  He hasn't met Lucky.  It doesn't matter to her.  She can sniff out medicine anywhere.  She is a little devil.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!