Monday, October 3, 2016

TURNED ON THE HEAT

The weather has been so mild for so long, this is the first time I have turned on the furnace since before I had meningitis.  Probably since before I went to Florida.  That was in January.  Today it rained for the first time in a LONG time, it got cold.  I am shivering.  I could put a sweater on but this chill is so cold that a sweater is not going to cut it.  Turning on the heat was a necessity tonight.

I made a mistake at a client's office today.  Well, I made the mistake on Thursday but it came to light today.  It seemed like a big deal and everyone had a  conniption only to find out it was not a big deal after all.  But those two hours when everyone thought it was a big deal, you would have thought the heavens were going to open up and swallow me.  I apologized for making the mistake profusely.  I did my best to fix the mistake.  I problem solved it with another person and figured out how to fix the mistake.  The client "forgave" me.  It felt weird and hollow.  I really don't think I needed "forgiveness".  It was not an intentional act.  It was a mistake of a person who was doing a task for the first time and who was not being monitored on a super busy, hectic day.  The person who was supposed to be helping me told me she could not help me and to do it myself.  These are not excuses they are explanations.  I screwed up.  I fixed it but I screwed up. 

Thank you for "forgiving" me.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!