Monday, October 10, 2016

DILEMMA

There is a dilemma in this country.  Is today Columbus Day or Indigenous People's Day?  I guess it depends on who you are and/or where you live. 

On the Left Coast it is most surely Indigenous People's Day and it is NOT a holiday. I remember when I lived on the East Coast it was a holiday with parades and such.   I am not really sure why we celebrate Columbus Day as Columbus Day.  Sure he crossed the ocean but he landed in the Bahamas by accident.  He was trying to get to Japan.  I get lost all the time and I don't get a parade.  I usually get in trouble for being late.

I like Indigenous People's Day.  They have been treated so poorly by our ancestors, they deserve a day, not just a US postage stamp.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!