Thursday, September 4, 2014

CONFIRMED DIAGNOSIS: COSTOCONDRITIS

I went to see my primary doc today. He did some painful tests to confirm I have costocondritis. He thought I may have had peritonitis which is inflammation of the lining of the abdomen.  Turns out I do not have peritonitis so that is good. 

My doc was a bit upset that my RA doc got so wound up about me having a blood glucose of 103. He felt that me losing 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks may have not been very good for my health and may have contributed to the costocondritis.  He said he should have made the decision about my blood glucose.

He was also upset to hear that his staff didn't give me an appointment for four months.  We now have an agreement that if I call again and I am told there are no appointments for a long time, I take the appointment and then have him call me and let him decide if he wants to see me sooner.  Sometimes my stuff can't wait four months.

He wants to keep me out of the ER.   He said he was impressed that I lost 10 pounds while being on 9 mg prednisone. But he was concerned that some of my blood work was wonky when I was in the ER.  

So I stay the course of taking the pain meds if I need them and just be careful. I can start walking and biking when I feel up to it. No more Zumba. Maybe some light yoga. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!