Tuesday, September 30, 2014

CAN'T STOP HACKING

The coughing has not gotten better. It is worse when I lie down. I feel like I am drowning.  I called the doc today and he started to say I have whooping cough. Then he said it seemed like I have an asthmatic reaction from the cold.  It is called viral induced asthma.  Basically the cold induces the asthma. When faced with a viral infection, the body triggers an inflammatory response to attack and defend.  The asthma can continue for up to 8 weeks.  I have to use an inhaler for a month or so.  I can pick up the meds tomorrow.

Good news: Lucky woke up and ate some food. Then she ate her entire dinner. This is very good news!  Her blood work came back normal.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!