Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Best Laid Plans

When the year began I had a plan. 

         It was a good plan. 

                     A clear plan. 

                                A well thought out plan. 

                                             An easy to follow plan. 

                                                        Then one glitch after another happened. 

What do they say about the best laid plans?

I have a $4,000 deductible for my medical plan.  Here was the plan: First, I was going to fill all my prescriptions at the very end of December. Then I was going to get my Enbrel sent to me the first week in January. The copay would be covered by Enbrel Assist so I would have to pay a small copay of the $1,700.  Then I was not going to schedule any doctors appointments but the necessary ones.  Then the first week in February I was going to order my second Enbrel order with the Enbrel Assist.  That would cover the $4,000 deductible.

Well, it all went to hell.  I couldn't order all my prescriptions at the end of December so I had to get them in the first week of January.  I didn't order my Enbel until the second week of January, which means I can't order the second order until the second week in February.  That means that I will probably pay my deductible out of pocket before my second order of Enbrel pays for it with the Enbrel Assist.  I went to the foot doctor and then had a $1,000 MRI.  Of course this means I will get to my deductible faster but I was hoping to not pay the bulk of it and have the Enbrel Assist pay for most of it.  Now I may have to get a bone density test.  I can't imagine how much that costs.  I guess I will meet that $4,000 deductible in 1.5 months. 

As I said best laid plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!