Wednesday, October 4, 2023

FOOT DOCTOR

I started out my day taking a taxi to the foot doctor. I know it is a podiatrist but doesn't foot doctor sound better? 

She is the doctor who did my ligament surgery years ago. She could not believe it hurt both feet. She sent me down for X-rays. Very specific X-rays. 

I went back up to her office and she reviewed the X-rays. The x-ray showed that my right foot break was diagnosed correctly. My left foot was not diagnosed correctly. I re-torn my ligament and my ankle clicks. That means the ligament is loose. She also suspects my left foot could be broken but the X-ray did not show it. My foot is swollen and could be masking the break. I go back in two weeks for more X-rays. 

I am now in two boots. A large one on my left and a small one on the right. 4-6 weeks! 

I cancelled my trip to Oregon. I was going for the weekend to see my friend. The foot doctor agreed that the trip would be too difficult. 😫

I already spoke about one of the co-captains. Tonight was the first meeting where the third co-captain was in attendance. It was not a smooth meeting. The third co-captain (CC) did not read the information so he was trying to remake everything without knowing what had been completed. He is also long winded and had a habit of long pause. A long pause to me, means their thoughts was complete and I can talk. He did not like that and told me to stop interrupting him. I was a bit shocked because I thought we were having a lively discussion. Then when we were hanging up, he made a snide comment about how he hopes I will not interrupt in future meetings. 

The CC2 texted me after and told me he thought CC3 was out of line with his comment. I appreciated him saying that. I told him it is hard to be the only woman in the room sometimes and be heard. Plus, CC3 was super long winded. 

We both agreed this will be a lesson in patience. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!