Thursday, September 1, 2011

Venus Williams and I Have Something In Common

Venus Williams
Sjogren's Syndrome can happen anyone, even Venus Williams, even me!  I would not wish Sjogren's on anyone.  It is not an easy disease since You Don't Look Sick but inside you can be feeling achy and miserable.

On my recent plane trip, my eyes were hurting so much from the dry air on the plane.  I hate putting the eye drops in my eyes because they irritate my eyes.  I can't make tears so my eyes burn and feel like sandpaper.  It must be so difficult for Venus playing tennis when her eyes get so dry.  Then the dry mouth must be horrible on a hot tennis court during a match that lasts for 20-30 minutes.  I don't go anywhere without a bottle of water because when my mouth gets dry I need water NOW.

I didn't think I would have something in common with an American professional tennis player who is a former World Number 1 and is ranked World No. 32 as of July 2011 in singles and World No. 20 in doubles as of 2011.  Too bad it is Sjogren's Syndrome and not something fun like we both won the lottery or a trip to Bali.  Or our dogs go to the same dog park.  Or we shop at the same supermarket. (By the way, I once saw her sister Serena at a supermarket in West Palm Beach, FL.  It was so exciting!) 

Good Health Venus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!