Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pain In My A****

I have a stiffness in a new joint, my ANKLES.  I have had pain in my ankles before but not this continuous stiffness.  It feels like my legs are fused to my feet.  For normal walking it doesn't bother me but walking downstairs is really difficult.  I sound like Herman Munster when I am just walking down the stairs!

Medicine alone will not always help joint issues so I researched other options that can help during this flare.  The Arthritis Today website has an article "51 Ways to Be Good to Your Joints" about joint health.  Below are a few of best tips for me:

  • Resolve to reduce. Lose weight because every pound means more pressure on your knees and ankles.
  • Sneak in healthy food.  Make healthy foods easy and accessible.
  • Stttrrreeetttccchhh.  Take stretch breaks throughout the day.
  •  Develop abs of steel.  Develop a strong core and improve strength and balance.
  • Walk Fido.  Walking pups means getting up and getting some exercise!
  • Don't stomp your feet.  Pounding exercises can be hard on joints.
  • Soak it up.  Take a warm bath to soothe those muscles and joints.
  • Do the write thing.  Writing down your feelings and frustrations can be therapeutic. 
Make a plan and keep to the plan!  Then see how I feel in a week.  Make those Herman Munster ankles go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!