Saturday, September 10, 2011

Friends With Picasso

Yesterday I went to see a Picasso exhibit with my friends (I will call them A and B).  A is 78 and B is a senior and I am guessing just over the senior cusp.  They were a blast.  If you have never seen Picasso's work, you really should.  It is quite  fun to see and if you are not a fine arts connoisseur, go with someone who has a great sense of humor.  Picasso is fun to view with laughter.  I have not had such a hearty belly laugh in a great while.  I am sure Picasso would not be happy to hear we were hysterical but come on, ladies with two heads and boobies all over the place painted green, at a certain point it becomes funny.  There were some young kids, probably around 11 years old,  in front of us through part of it.  They must have been from a home school collective.  They were amazing because they had studied the paintings at home and knew some of the names.   I am not sure I knew who Picasso was at 11 years old. 

Okay, I have gotten off my point.  The point I was getting at was that I did better at this museum visit than my last visit but I still had to sit down two times to rest.  I had to sit down when my senior buddies were raring to go.  Out walked by a 78 year old woman!  I can take as my victory that I was able to:
  1. walk and not stop more often to rest
  2. see the whole exhibit and not have to stop and miss the rest of the exhibit
  3. not use a wheelchair!
  4. go see the exhibit at all!
 Overall, the day was very nice.  A little art, a little bit of time with friends, a little lunch, then home to do a little work. Overall a good day!

On a side note: I went to give myself my Enbrel shot on Thursday night and something happened that never happened before.  I give myself the free hand injection shot not the sure click or the pre-filled injection.  As I was filling the syringes, the liquid part of the syringe didn't screw into the vial adapter that has the powder in it all the way.  The liquid squirted out and dripped out all over so I didn't have anything to inject.  I thought it was screwed in all the way.  Needless to say, I only had one injection on Thursday night and one $700 shower of Enbrel down the front of me.  Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!