Sunday, February 11, 2018

DINNER PARTY

Today I had some friends over for a dinner party.  It is actually my first dinner party for many years, definitely since I have been single.  I got out my good china (from my wedding) and my grandmother's silver.  We used my step-grandmother's wine glasses.  I think the table looked pretty good.

I cooked Cheesy Lentil Bolognese Casserole, Brussels sprouts with Toasted Hazelnuts and mixed salad.  For dessert I served Whoopie Pies and homemade banana bread.  The guys said it was good and filling.

I had a good time and I hope the guys did too.  I am already planning my next dinner party.  I would make it earlier and maybe play a game or something after dinner.  Maybe paella next time.  This house is beginning to feel alive again.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!