Thursday, February 22, 2018

BENIGN PAROXYSMAL POSITIONAL VERTIGO

Today I waited around for the electric company to show up for the 8 am-12 pm appointment window.  The guy called at 10:30 to say he may not need to come at all but since I insisted he said he would not come during the 8-12 window.  He didn't need me to be there and would leave me a message. 

I need the box around my electric meter to be replaced.  It is old and rusted out.  I thought when the electric company came years ago, they told me the electric company did this process. 

Well, the guy informed me no they do not.  I have to call an electrician to come and replace the box.  I have to call and get this scheduled. 

Meanwhile I went to see my doctor for my 3 months check and he was happy to tell me he was leaving his practice to move to another practice.  He will still take me and my insurance along with him.  Yippee!  They are only moving across the street funny enough into the suite where my old RA doctor used to be.   He is older than me but he had kids late in life so he can't retire anytime soon. (His words not mine)

At my check up my costochondritis is doing better.  I am still fatigued so he wants to do some blood work.  I am having this weird issue of kind of vertigo.  It is called Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV).  When I lay down and turn my head I get a type of vertigo.  I also get it when I go from laying down to standing up.  I also have ringing in my ears.  I also have a bit of hearing issues that I didn't notice until yesterday.  

I found that it really bothered me when I was watching Black Panther in 3D.  There were some scenes where it was like I was on a roller coaster (in 3D) and I go really dizzy and almost felt like I was going to be sick.  I just had to close my eyes!   When I told my doctor he suggested that until this goes away that 3D movies would not be the best thing to attend.  He also said flying could be a problem.  He said I might get dizzy and vomit.  Great!  I guess roller coasters are out!  

Overall it doesn't bother me too much now that I am used to it.  It is just that first second when I am laying down and I forget and turn over and my brain gets vertigo.  It is such a weird feeling.  Then I know what to expect and it goes away in a few seconds.  When I stand up during the night, I just make sure I am holding on to the bed so I don't fall over.  At the beginning it was like I was being spun around for 20 revolutions and then being asked to walk.  I would walk into things and walk in the wrong direction I was so dizzy. I had a few bruises from walking into the door frame.

It just shows how you can get used to anything.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!