Saturday, July 30, 2011

Made It To The Shore. The Jersey Shore, That Is!

After a horrendous flight and a visit with Brenda's mother, we are finally at our intended destination, The Jersey Shore.  I say the flight was horrendous not because it was delayed or bumpy but because it was hot.  The flight was just plain hot.  So hot it was uncomfortable and I could not sleep.  Oh, did I forget to mention it was a red eye?!  I tossed, I turned (as much as one can in an airplane seat) and I tried to catch some "red eye".  All to no avail.  Then at 5 AM Brenda didn't feel well and she needed to jump up immediately.  I grabbed our stuff and got up but my glasses ended up on the seat where they, wait for it... got sat on.  This added a trip to the eye glass store to fix my bent and broken glasses to our already packed itinerary. 

After a few days visiting Brenda's family, we are now at The Jersey Shore.  Not that part of The Jersey Shore!  There are other places along The Jersey Shore beside Seaside Heights where they film that stupid but sometimes entertaining reality series The Jersey Shore.  We are in a much more tame and family-oriented part of The Jersey Shore.  I am here with 26 of my family members for a family reunion. The trick after my last vacation is to stay healthy.

How to stay healthy at The Shore you ask?  I am glad you asked!  Follow these steps:
  1. Eat right.  For me that means eat healthy.  I made sure I have my protein and balanced meals by bringing my own food.
  2. Getting enough rest.  I haven't done a very good job of that so far but today when we arrived I made sure to take a nap after 2.5 hours of driving in bumper to bumper traffic.
  3. Be careful in the sun.  Keep sunscreen on at all times. Wear a hat.  Be careful about how many hours I spend in the sun.  I know that if I get sunburned I get sick, so don't over do it.
  4. Don't get stressed out.  That goes without saying.
  5. Don't do more than I should.  This is the one I struggle with all the time.  I don't like to feel like I can't do something so I push myself.  I have to stop when I have had enough.  I also need to listen to Brenda when she says I have had enough.
This is my list to live by at The Jersey Shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!