Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies...Yum!

I don't know what I was thinking last night.  Yesterday I bought a mix to make chocolate chip cookies.  My days of making cookies from scratch are long gone.  Too much time, too many ingredients, you get the picture.  So, I bought the mix, remembered to leave out the butter to get soft and rescued one egg from my partner who was about to hard boil it.  I was set.  I put the softened butter in the bowl with the egg.  For some insane reason I didn't get out the Kitchen Aid and thought I would be able to stir the two together with a spoon.  Most of you right now are saying to yourself "Okay, what is the problem."  I have RA!  About one and a half minutes into stirring my hands were so sore and stiff, I could not stir anymore.  My partner was asleep and I had this bowl full of lumps of butter and egg goo.  Lovely!  No where near the "creamy mixture" I was supposed to have.  About 15 minutes later, after stops and starts, I finished stirring.  I knew it was not going to get any better or "creamier".  I added in the dry mixture and stirred some more.  And more.  And more.  I felt like I was kneading dough not baking cookies! When I finally got it all mixed as well as I could, I scooped it into little balls, put those balls on the baking sheet and popped them in the oven.  Guess what? 
My Semi-homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
The cookies tasted fine.  I had six of them before I went to bed and didn't feel the least bit guilty!  I must have worked off 100 calories making the stupid things!   Yummy ummy gooey-ness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!