Thursday, June 16, 2011

Miracles do happen!

What a week this has been!  First I am told that I am losing my health coverage post dated back to March 1, 2011.  I freak out, as any of you would in my situation.  I call the Department of Insurance and am told they can't do that!  Duh!  Fill out a complaint form and we will look into it. Then I work real fast to get my application and my partner's application in for a guaranteed issue (in insurance speak means they can't turn you down and can charge you butt loads of money for a high deductible) plan.  All the while appealing an individual plan for my partner who was declined.  Faxing here and there!  Today I get a letter stating I am now cancelled January 1, 2011!  How can I be cancelled back to the beginning of the year?  Before I could panic too much (actually this has become so comical, I almost started to laugh) the phone rings and it is a representative from the insurance company.  She calls to apologize to me!  She tells me a huge mistake has been made and she is personally calling to make it up to me and assure me that I have been reinstated until July 1, 2011.  At that time, they will work with me to get me on another plan...  I need to make sure to not cash the refund check but to send it back to the company.  They are so sorry this happened.  She continues to suck up to me.  Please accept our apology.  Everything will reinstated by 5pm today.  Hallelujah!  I guess making a complaint to the Department of Insurance must have gotten someone's attention.  Hummm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!