Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Won! Or at least I like to think so...

WINNER
After a month long, stressful and agonizing time, the insurance company (The-Company-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named) finally relented and has given the approval for the guarantee-issue insurance for both Brenda and I.  Yeah!  The fight has been won, the battle is over.  I feel like 100 pounds has been lifted off my back.  You have no idea what it is like stressing out and fighting with an insurance company about whether they feel you deserve insurance, unless you have lived through it.

For a short time I worked in the insurance field and I know insurance people are not evil.  We had a wonderful woman Michelle working for us in the last few days.  She really pushed our applications through underwriting for us.  I owe her a debt of gratitude for keeping me updated and giving me the "good news" phone call so we didn't have to wait for "7-10 days" for a letter to tell us that we got the insurance.

So I won!  I have an insurance plan with a $4,000 deductible.  Hurray!  I figure with medications that cost $1,000 a month and $736 month, I will get to that $4,000 deductible fairly quickly, then I will stick it to them because then The-Company-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named will have to pay for almost everything.  Ha ha ha!  (read as evil laugh)   So see how I have won!  Or at least I like to think so, in my mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!