Thursday, June 30, 2011

Feelin' it burn

Michelin Man
One of the main medications I have been taking since my diagnosis is Prednisone.  Prednisone is a non-anabolic steroid and not the kind of steroid that body builders take.  No, I haven't gotten any giant muscles or had any roid rage.  All I get is really hungry sometimes.  Another wonderful side effect is weight gain!  When I first went on Prednisone I gained 60 pounds.  I was real puffy and looked like the Michelin Man.  I worked hard and lost 40 pounds.

I recently tore/hurt the ligament in my ankle therefore I have not been able to exercise much.  I gained back 20 pounds.  Now I am on a mission to lose the weight.  Since I can't walk too much, I am chained to the stationary elliptical bicycle.  Some mornings I don't have the motivation to get up and get on the bike.  I go to bed with motivation to get up in the morning and then the morning comes and the motivation goes right out the window.  I am sure many of you out there know what I mean.  The bed is warm, the pillow is soft and I don't want to get up and get dressed and go out to the garage and get on a bike for 45 minutes.  Who in their right mind wants to do that?  I would much rather curl up and go back to sleep and then wake up and get some food and a cup of tea and sit on the couch and watch TV.  Wouldn't you?  That is much more civilized. 

Here's to me getting up tomorrow morning and getting on that bike!  Help give me the motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!