Saturday, December 24, 2022

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE 2022

I woke up this morning and had a very clear plan. First, I wanted to make chocolates. Not just any chocolates but peppermint pattie type chocolates. Dark Chocolate with peppermint cream inside. I made a bunch of them in different Christmas shapes. 


Then, before I delivered a batch of treats to a neighbor, I got some mail ready to take to the post box and washed dishes for the second time today. 

The treats I took my neighbor were: Gingerbread Blondies with white chocolate chunks, raspberry cheesecake with raw brownie, and "peppermint pattie" chocolates. My neighbor had a stroke a few months ago and I haven't seen him since when he was in the hospital. Lucky has missed him too. We went over and brought he and his son the treats and chatted for awhile. He was surprised in the change in Lucky. But she hasn't seen him since September but she stops by his house every day. 

Then I made another plate of treats for another neighbor. I dropped it off at his house later in the day. He left something he got me from Morocco at my door.

Then I went to the eye glass store. I figured the best day to buy eye glasses was Christmas Eve. No one is eye glass shopping the day before Christmas. Sure enough there were only five people in the whole store. I had done my research ahead of time and tried on the frames virtually so I knew which frames I wanted to try on in person. I really liked one and I bought it. Then I also bought sunglasses. I will soon be able to see! 

I got home and started making a vegan quiche. It was originally for tomorrow breakfast but I ate some for dinner. It is a vegan tofurky and spinach quiche. It tastes good. It is basically the equivalent of a ham and spinach quiche if you used turkey bacon. 

While I was making the quiche I also started soaking and seasoning my tagine. I want to use my tagine tomorrow to make my meal but I need to prep it for the first use. First I had to soak it, then oil it and then bake it. I could only fit half of it in the oven at a time so I will have to do the other half tomorrow morning. 

Lucky and I went to bed early so Santapaws would come faster. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Santapaws did not show up at my house. Do I need a pet for him to come by?

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!