Thursday, April 19, 2018

LUNCH WITH A FRIEND AFTER MY DR APPOINTMENT

Today I had my RA doctor appointment.  My hands and feet have been bothering me but not as much as the fatigue.  I told the doctor and he has a new plan for my treatment.  I am to cut my Plaquenil in half for two weeks.  Then I am to stop taking it altogether.  Then after a few weeks I am to see how I feel.  If I feel worse, I am to call him.  If I feel the same, I wait until my appointment with him.   This is a test to see if the medicine is working anymore.

A few months ago the doctor increased the dose from one pill to two.  It didn't seem to help.  Now we are going the other way to see what happens.  If I feel worse, I am going to be put on a stronger medicine.  It will not be Enbrel or Methotrexate.  Been there, done that.

I also went in to get my feet and hands x-rayed.  I had them x-rayed three years ago and now we can see if there has been any degeneration.  In those three years I have been off the Enbrel.

After this fun morning experience, I met my friend M for lunch.  We met for pizza.  Unfortunately there was a confusion in the ordering of the pizza and we got the wrong pizza.  It had onions and garlic on it and I could not eat it.  The manager had them make us another pizza but it was not the fancy pizza we wanted but it was still good.  It was nice to catch up on a sunny afternoon.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!