Sunday, April 22, 2018

AMAZON ECHO

Okay I did it.  I got another Amazon echo.  I do not have an open concept house.  What I have learned is that Echo's do not work very well in old homes that have defined rooms.  The Echo can not hear you from one room to another without yelling.  I did get an Echo remote but I have had nothing but problems with that.  The first one died.  The second one stopped working and I had to go through a long reset up process but it was out of order for some time while I figured it all out.

I got my last Echo during the huge sale in November.  I have been waiting for the Dot to go on sale and it did this week.  I got a white Dot to go in the kitchen.  Now I moved the one echo to the living room and the dot to the kitchen.  I had the echo in the living room but had to have the volume so loud to hear it in the kitchen and had to go into the dining room to turn it down.  It was becoming annoying and since the Dot went on sale, it was worth the cost to just get another one.

I love having the Dot set a timer for me, tell me my calendar in the morning, play music when I am cooking and Amazon is adding more things all the time.  For my birthday my brother's family bought me the Echo buttons so I can play games with the Echo.  I had a friend over and it was fun.  We played a trivia game, a music game where the Echo played a song and we had to guess the title and singer, and we played an anagram game.  It was more fun than I expected.

I don't use the echos as much as I could but it takes retraining your brain to remember to use it.  I tend to pick up my phone, turn it on, and look at my calendar on my phone instead of asking the echo.  The echo is much easier, I just forget to do it.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!