Monday, April 23, 2018

CARDIOLOGIST APPOINTMENT

I went to the cardiologist today to get a check up.  She gave me the results of the heart monitor I wore a few weeks ago.  Most of the results were what she would expect of someone with Atrial Tachycardia (AT).  One episode was not normal for someone with AT.  She seemed concerned about it.  She called it something I could not catch but as she explained it with AT my heart flutters or races in the upper chamber.  I have had it forever.  I am used to it and the cardiologist says it isn't dangerous (at least right now).

The heart monitor showed something different on March 28 at 2pm.  I had an episode that I marked on the heart monitor where I was sitting at a desk on a conference call.  I don't remember it feeling any different but she said it was very different.  The heart flutter or racing was in the lower chamber.  I think she said it was Supraventricular tachycardia but I could be wrong.  We had a long discussion about what to do.  She wanted to put me on medication and I asked if that was necessary.  She said she would be putting me on medicine to make the palpitations feel better.  I said they don't bother me, I am used to them.  She said it would be purely for my comfort.  I would rather not take medicine for comfort.  She seemed more concerned about the one episode so I said what would make you feel better about that.  She said a stress test.  So I am getting a stress test in a few weeks.  I am excited to do this.  I feel like I should train for it.  I don't know what goes into a stress test.

Once I pass the stress test, I can see her in 6 months.

Oh, I got my state tax refund today.  $47 Woo Hoo!!!  What will I do with it?

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!