Wednesday, January 24, 2018

POOR HAPPI

Did you ever just feel bad for a dog?  Maybe you saw a dog in a collar of shame.  Maybe you saw a dog with a disability. 

Last night I felt horrible for Happi.  She had horrible diarrhea. All night long.  Almost every hour she had to pee or poo.  And I say poo but I mean something much worse.  She was miserable.  At 3 am I almost took her to urgent care.  But then she fell asleep for two hours.  I got to sleep for a few hours.  I am running on empty right now. Plus there were raccoons outside one time we went out and I had to chase them away.

At 6:30 am I got up and put her in the car and took her to urgent care and had the doctor look at her.  She has been on antibiotics and one week ago she finished a 6 week course.  She seemed better.  Well, last night I think the stomach bacteria came back with a vengeance. The doctor put her back on the medicine for a much longer course.  He is also testing her poo to see if it is another bacteria.  He gave her a shot to calm her tummy, some fluids to perk her up and we went home.

She is really tired and moving slow.  It took a lot out of her.  It took a lot out of me.

Oh, we also had another earthquake.  It was small but enough to feel it.  No earthquakes for years and now two in a week.  I do not like this.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!