Tuesday, January 23, 2018

FINALLY SPOKE TO THE RA DOCTOR

Finally spoke to the RA doctor.  My blood test showed that my SED rate had not increased.  That is a common test that shows if you have increased inflammation.  I have historically not had elevated SED rates.  My doctor is new and he will soon learn that SED rate testing is not an accurate test for me.

He told me he wants me to increase the Prednisone to 10 mg.  I told him I won't do it.  I worked too hard to get down to 5 mg and lose the weight.  I won't go back up to 10 mg.  I would rather be in pain, I told him. 

So we decided that I would increase the hydroxychloroquine.  I currently take 1.5 pills and I will increase to 2 pills starting tonight.  After a couple of weeks I will call and let him know if it has changed my situation. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!