Sunday, September 17, 2017

HOW DIFFERENT LIFE WAS 40 YEARS AGO

I connected with an old friend today.  The friend was like a relative when I was growing up.  I called her mother "Aunt" and she called my mother "Aunt".  I still have a hard time not calling her mother "aunt".

We were kids who spent the night at each others houses having sleepovers.  We swam in their pool.  They had a two story house and I remember running up and down the stairs.  We had a ranch so we had no stairs, oh, and no pool.  So their house was always so much fun.  Plus she was a twin, a fraternal twin, and that was so fascinating to me! 

It was interesting hearing how different her life has become and all the things she has done.  If you had asked me 40 years ago what she would have become, it would not have been what she has done.  I am sure she would say the same about me.  We had a great time catching up.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!