Monday, December 29, 2014

SAID GOODBYE TO MY RA DOC

Today was my last appointment with my beloved RA doc.  She has been with me since the beginning. I know she needs to retire and I feel for her. She has had a lot of things happen in the last year but I don't want her to go and leave me with a strange doctor.

She is not just a doc who checks your joints and your labs but she notices if you are down or sad or happy or sick without asking.  That is rare in a doc these days. She is old school. Maybe that is why she has to retire. She just can't keep up anymore.  Computers in the exam rooms, electronic files, and 10 minutes appointments. Those aren't her style.

I am sad in a month where there is too much for me to be sad about.   Let's hope the new RA doc is good!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!