Friday, November 28, 2014

FINALLY HAD THANKSGIVING DINNER

Yesterday was Thanksgiving Day and I was not feeling all that well after my bike incident. I think my mild concussion was more concussion than mild. I had a horrible headache and any time I stood up or tried to concentrate on anything (like reading a recipe) I got nauseous and had to sit down. At first I thought it was caused by the pain in my shoulder every time I chopped or cut something but pretty soon I realized it probably wasn't that. I was feeling my best sitting or lying down. Needless to say, Thanksgiving dinner didn't get cooked. 

Today I felt somewhat better and I made a few things. I made mushrooms that I grilled, homemade cranberry sauce and stuffed acorn squash.  These went along with the stuffing and cauliflower I made yesterday. The only thing missing is the mashed potatoes but I could only do so much. We may do that tomorrow. Kinda like a progressive Thanksgiving dinner over three days.

Homemade cranberry sauce(not yet cooled)

Grilled mushrooms

My plate withAcorn Squash, Stuffing, Cauliflower, Grilled Mushrooms and Cranberries. Yum!

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like a delicious meal, Adrienne. So sorry you had to have your Thanksgiving feast in stages, but the "thanks" part absolutely applies: you weren't seriously or critically injured in your bike accident.

    Here's hoping the concussion symptoms are fading away now, and that the physical aches, hurts, and twinges will heal quickly. Have a really nice, rainy (woohoooo!) weekend. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wren. I appreciate all your comments. This was the most Thankful thanksgiving for a long time.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!