Saturday, November 29, 2014

DOGS DOING THE BED DANCE

Every night I watch my dog Happi, climb in her bed and do the same dance. She goes around in circles, then she digs, then around in circles again. Then she uses her nose (she has three legs) to push the pillow out of her bed. For some bizarre reason she hates the lovely, soft, comfortable pillow that is in her bed. Then she starts the whole dance all over again. Round and round, dig, dig. Then finally she plops down. Three-legged dogs are not graceful when they lay down.  Some nights this ritual goes on and on and I finally have to tell her to knock it off.  Other nights both dogs will start doing it at the same time. Dig, dig, dig in stereo.

Because Happi has three legs (one front leg and two back legs) it takes a tremendous amount of balance to dig in her bed. I am always impressed when I watch her do it. Four-legged dogs use both front legs to dig but not at the same time. Three-legged dogs have to balance on their hind legs so they can use their front leg to dig. It takes a lot of strength.

Well, Happi has finally settled down for the night and I guess it is time for me to go to sleep.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!