Thursday, November 27, 2014

BIKE ACCIDENT

Okay, it was bound to happen. I had an accident on my bike. Don't panic. Nothing hit me. It was self inflicted. I was riding with a friend when I braked too hard, mostly with the left brake, and I went flying. I landed partly along the water bottle holder with my left thigh and partly on my helmet on the asphalt. As I flipped I saw a pedestrians face. It was a look of shock and awe.  I was lucky there was no one right behind me. A truck was a ways behind me and he saw it happen and moved into the other lane.

I sat there dazed for a moment. Then my friend helped me up. I felt shocked but okay. A man passing by gave me a band-aid for a cut on my finger. I walked to a bench and sat for about 20 minutes. Then I rode home.

I took a bath. Ate. Watched TV. Started to cook dinner when I began to feel bad. I got nauseous, headache. I decided I should go to the ER where I am now.

Two hour 45 minutes in the waiting room. I just had x-rays on my shoulder, knee and a cat scan on my neck and head. I have thus stupid collar on that is so uncomfortable. The nurse chastised me for waiting so long to come in.

The verdict has come in. Mild concussion. Chipped the bone at the top of the ligament in my right knee. Cracked rib. Lots of bruises. Back on crutches. No collar!

It is 1:30am of Thanksgiving Day and I want to go home. I am just happy it wasn't worse. Happy Thanksgiving!

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's a heckuva fix you've gotten yourself into, Ms Adrienne! Do go easy on yourself today as you enjoy your Thanksgiving feast. My best wishes to you, Brenda, and your two furry buddies!

    P.S. VERY glad you weren't hurt worse, m'friend. Sending healing thoughts your way. Oh--and enjoy the rain that will be here soon! Whoohoooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wren! I hope you had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. Yup Rain! Rain Rain. Okay. it isn't a fun now.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!