Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Made the Call

A few weeks ago as an Arthritis Ambassador for the Arthritis Foundation, I called the offices of  my Senators  and Representative to ask their legislative health aide if they would sign on to a letter being sent to President Obama and Health and Human Service Secretary Sebelius.  It is asking them to make arthritis a national health priority.  


The other day my phone rings and it is an aide from my Senator's office asking me to send her the letter.  Yeah!!!  I was so excited that I could not find the letter.  Wouldn't you know it?  Of course when my computer crashed everything was so well organized now my new computer doesn't yet have all my old documents on it and my desk is a complete disaster.  I still have the old computer on my desk.  I had to email the Arthritis Foundation to get the sign on letter and, of course, my email went into her spam.  Could all the stars have aligned?  


Finally, I got the letter and sent it on the legislative aide and never heard anything back.  BUT, I got a call back!  Yeah.    Who knows maybe she will sign on?  Maybe I will make a difference.  

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed people can change the world.
Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
- Margaret Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!