Monday, October 10, 2011

Back From Tahoe

We just spent a weekend in Tahoe.  We went to have a relaxing weekend.  It was pretty relaxing and almost boring.  It is not ski season and it is way too cold so swimming is out of the question.  Our one great adventure (besides the drive over the mountain) was going on a boat ride.

Tahoe Queen photo taken by Adrienne
The boat ride was very relaxing.  The vessel is a paddle boat and it is a smooth ride.  It was a really sunny day and had I brought a hat (yes, I had on sunscreen) I probably wouldn't get yelled at by my dermatologist.  I came back to the hotel with a really red face and a line where my bangs were.  Not an attractive look.  I was so relaxed on the boat I practically fell asleep.  I now know what babies like about cars.  I felt like a little baby being lulled to sleep.
The ride was also educational.  The ship's captain gives all these facts about history, Indian lore, and geology.  I would recommend the Tahoe Queen as a fun thing to do.  

Lake Tahoe photo taken by Adrienne
The scenery was incredible.  Every direction was a postcard.  I swear I took 2 rolls of film on the boat in just the first hour.  Yes, I still use a non-digital camera sometimes.  (Especially when my digital camera breaks and Nikon has not returned it to me yet.  Ergh...)  Tomorrow I will take my film in to develop and we will see what my photos look like.  I also need to take my camera in to be cleaned, that became obvious on vacation.  It was hard not to look at each view and take a photo.  I have no idea what I am going to do with all these photos of mountains!

The drive was the drive. What can I say?  On the way up, my right hip was cramping and quite painful.  On the way down, my right ankle was stiff and sore.  Both ways my hands hurt and felt like there were knives stuck in them.  That is to be expected when driving so I know that will be the case.  I went in the hot tub when we arrived in Tahoe.  At least I had a few days of very little to do in between the drives! 

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely backdrop to a vacation! Ahhhh...I can see why you would want to take so many pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb. I can't wait until I get my film developed. Gosh that sounds so 1980's, doesn't it? Good news: I got my digital camera back last night. It seems to work fine. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!