Tuesday, November 22, 2022

A DEAD FIREPLACE

I have been months behind in invoicing my clients. Today I finally caught up.  It is a great feeling. Getting all that work done is such a weight off. 

Lucky’s sweater showed up and it was too small. I’m returning it and I bought another one in the correct size. 

The chimney people came this morning and I got some unexpected news. My fireplace back wall up in the chimney is loose and some of the grout has come out between some of the brick. That means the fireplace is no longer useable. On the positive side I didn’t use it and asphyxiate myself or burn my home down.  They could not clean out the dryer vent either for a complicated reason. So they were gone in 20 minutes. 

I began researching electric fireplace inserts. I am going to have a fake fire in my fireplace. At least it will be warm. 

Until tomorrow…

2 comments:

  1. You might also look into gas. Since fireplaces are usually on an outside wall it is sometimes about as costly to run an external gas line as an internal electric line. We love our natural gas fireplace. In fact sometimes (not too often) Mrs Phillis lets me steal a kiss in front of ours. (just saying)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sweet. I would look into gas but I have solar panels and I want to see how much it effects my electric bill. I don't run it for hours, just a bit to warm up and then I turn it off.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!