Friday, March 16, 2018

HAPPI VET VISIT

This morning I took Happi to the vet for a second opinion.  She has been doing this thing with her mouth/teeth where she grinds or taps her teeth together.  It has been going on since November of 2017.  For a long time it was really loud at night and would wake me up.  I spoke to one doctor in the practice and he thought it had to do with her stomach issues and he put her on Flagyl.  She was on Flagyl for 8 weeks.

Then she was done with the Flagyl and her gastrointestinal symptoms returned in a few days.  He put her back on the Flagyl for 12 weeks.  She has been on the Flagyl now for about 9 weeks.

About a month ago I decided I wanted to get a second opinion but because of my trip and the her doctor being really popular, I could not get an appointment until today.

We went in and asked to get his opinion on the teeth chattering.  It has gotten better but she still does it.  He listened to what I had to say, how her nose is really wet now, how she has only recently begun to lick me again.  He does not feel it has anything to do with her stomach.  He thinks that for whatever reason Happi has gotten old and older dogs do weird things.  He checked her out and he can't see anything wrong with her.  He has given me some muscle relaxers to see if that works to relax her a bit and if that makes it go away.

He also suggested acupuncture for Happi not me.

Since Happi seems to be getting better on her own, I am less interested in doing anything too aggressive.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!