Sunday, October 29, 2017

BOOK REVIEW



My local library has a program where they choose a book each quarter and toward the end of the quarter they have the author(s) come and talk about their book.  This quarter the book was Black Against the Empire: The History and Politics of the Black Panther Party by Joshua Bloom and Waldo E. Martin, Jr.  I haven't had a chance to read the whole 500 page book yet but I wanted to go hear the author's speak.

The talk was so interesting.  I knew a fair bit about the Black Panthers from during my activist work and today I learned a bit more.  There were Black Panthers in attendance who gave their perspective.

If you have any interest in the history of the Black Panthers, this book comes highly recommended.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!