Tuesday, July 3, 2012

JUST A FUN BLOGGER CHALLENGE - DAY 3

FAVORITE SONG?

So funny this should come up today! Recently we saw the play "American Idiot" by Green Day and they played two of my favorite songs: "Wake me up when September ends" and "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)".

Green Day is a great band that I saw years ago live before they were the huge success they are now.

I like "wake me up when september comes" because it starts off slow and melodic and then about half way through the song it gets fast.

I like "Good Riddance" because the lyrics are very poetic. See below.

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) lyrics

Another turning point, a fork stuck in
the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs
you where to go

So make the best of this test, and
don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson
learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in
the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still
frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and
good time

Tattoos of memories and dead skin
on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the
while

It's something unpredictable, but in
the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

This song makes me think of taking adventures and risks. Doing exciting things before I die. Having the time of my life! That is how I want to live.

Health update: got the OK to go back on Enbrel! Yay! I also checked the Internet and found other folks who have had a finger blood vessel pop for no reason. So the mystery continues.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!