Monday, July 6, 2020

DAY 115 GOING BACK ON ORENCIA

Day 115 since I left the house.

Charlie Daniels passed away.  I used to love to listen to the song "Devil Went Down to Georgia".  I didn't agree with his politics but I loved that song!

I am able to see one of my doctor's again.  The Insurance-company-who-must-not-be-named has decided that after telling me I am blocked from any more appointments, I am able to see him again.  I guess they decided that during this stressful time it is better to have people seeing their doctors than not seeing them. 

I saw my primary doctor over video chat today.  I told him about my weird rash on my wrist about a month ago.  He thinks it was some sort of vasculitis.  It would mean my rheumatoid arthritis may have moved on to another form of the disease.  Until I read about it I didn't realize this is not great news.  He strongly suggested that I go back on the Orencia.  We had a very long discussion about why I should continue with the current medicine I am taking (4.5 mg of steroids) and start taking Orencia.  He said that I am being very careful and even if I were to get Covid-19, with the current information he thinks I would have a better chance of fighting it if I were taking Orencia than if I were only taking the steroids.  I just tried to explain why but I could not remember what he said.  It had to do with suppressing the immune system and currently the medication given to Covid-19 patients is a medication to suppress the immune system.  Anyway, I am going to listen to him and start taking Orencia.

My primary also said I am doing the smartest thing for a person in my position.  He said I am smart to stay inside if I am able since I am immune suppressed and at high-risk for getting Covid-19.  I asked about antibody tests and he said to wait until they are better.  They are still not accurate enough to make sense for me to get one.  That is it with the numbers rising (not in my immediate area) in my state, I am in my home for the duration.

I read an article about items that we should have for Covid-19 and the future.  I bought two of them.  I got a thing to open doors and press elevator buttons (that the ones that are the temperature type).  That way you don't have to open doors with your hands.  Let's see if I will remember to use it.  I also bought a UV light machine that will clean your keys, phone, watch, mask, etc.  The idea being you put it near the front door and when you come in, you pop them in the machine and it cleans them while you take off your clothes and change to your "indoor" clothes.  Just getting ready for the day I do venture out.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!