Thursday, June 8, 2017

HELP THE LADY WITH THE BAG

Well, I must be feeling better today!  I went to a new clients office today and did some work.  Then I left there and rushed home to take a call from another client about an emergency.  Then I got a call from the Foster/Adopt folks and took that call.  Then I rushed out to a doctor appointment.  I got home and took care of the dogs and saw an elderly neighbor trying to lug a heavy bag up the hill.  I ran out to help her. Then I took out the trash and ate dinner.  Whew. 

What is it with folks these days that they can walk past an elderly woman carrying a heavy bag and not offer to help her.  This poor woman it turns out had spent 4 hours in the dentist chair. She was in pain and had to lug this heavy bag of items she bought before the dentist appointment home.  I just offered to help her and she said no thank you and I insisted.  She said thank you.  I was not sure she would have made it up the hill she was so exhausted.  I took her bag right in the front door.  She was very thankful.  She knows who I am she just doesn't remember me.  I don't have a name that people remember.  We need to return to the world that helps the elderly lady with the heavy bag.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!