Monday, February 26, 2024

TRIGGERING POST

Today I went back to the podiatrist for my foot. This maybe disgusting to some people so you can skip. 

Back in September I fell while hiking in Yosemite. I broke my right foot and tore the ligament in my left ankle. I also smashed my big toe nail. It was all bruised and then over the months, the nail started to almost bubble up with blood underneath. 

A few weeks ago, I went to the foot doctor about my broken foot and she looked at my big toe. By that point, my nail had started to hurt and the nail looked funny. The doctor said I cracked the nail down at the base of my nail. She clipped the part of the nail that was cracked and starting to stick up with some fancy clippers. 

Fast forward to today. She decided that I probably cracked the nail further down below the skin/cuticle. She took some fancy metal thing and started digging under the skin/cuticle to pull out the broken part of the nail. It was not fun. She found these little pieces of nail under the skin that were poking me. It was quite painful especially since the area was already sore. 

Hopefully this fixes it but if it doesn't, I need to return two weeks before my next trip so she can be more aggressive and I will have time to heal before my next trip. 

I now have a brace that I sleep in to hold my foot perpendicular. I have pads in my shoes under my toes. I have gel heel pads in my shoes. Nothing makes you feel old like orthodic items in your shoes. I guess nurses shoes are next. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!