Monday, March 9, 2015

NEW RA DOC

Today I met with my new RA doc. I was a bit cautious. I had heard mixed reviews about her. My retiring RA doc was like a warm piece of apple pie.  The new doc is nice enough and knowledgable. 

Not that other doctors don't believe me but she actually said that I have a very complicated case of multiple autoimmune issues going on. It was the first time a doctor actually said those words. I knew it but it was good to hear a professional say it. My primary just calls it Adrienne's Disease because I have a combination of diseases that no one else has. 

She wants to reassess my case and see if I need to be on a new plan. I have to go in for tests. Blood tests and x-rays of my hands and feet. She asked me what joints bother me. I said which don't! Feet, ankles, knees, hips, neck, hands, jaw, back, wrists, rib cage, chest. Are there any left? I think my elbows are the only joints that don't hurt. Give it time, I guess. 

The first thing I have to do is reduce the prednisone. She wants me to reduce pretty fast. Let's hope I don't flare.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you like the new doc. Adrienne. It IS good to have someone who knows what she's talking about validate and acknowledge your condition, and then take action to address it! I hope reducing the prednisone doesn't cause new, painful flares, but I can understand her concern about taking it. The stuff's a miracle for inflammation and pain, but it's a bone-killer.

    Wishing you the best, as always. Me? I miss the winter we didn't get to have again this year. Sending a hug... :o)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!