Sunday, October 24, 2021

BOMB CYCLONE AND ATMOSPHERIC RIVER BLASTS

 I am feeling better today but still not 100%.  In case you haven't heard, the West Coast of the USA is having "bomb cyclone, atmospheric river blasts". The rain was crazy today. Not only did the rain come down in buckets, the sound of the rain/weather was so loud. In all my years I have never heard any noise like this during a rain storm. It sounded like the beginning of a hurricane. It was a roar that went on for hours. I kept checking my ceiling to make sure there were no leaks. I found two leaks: one under my front stairs and another near my side entrance. I checked my trees to make sure they were still standing. Trees all over the place were falling. Electricity was out all over the place. There was flooding all over but not near my house. I did hear a chain saw so I assume a tree fell somewhere close. It was an amazing and cold day. 

Lucky and I snuggled up and watched a few movies. We prepared just in case the electricity went out. That was our whole day. I was afraid to do laundry between the fear of loosing electricity and flooding.

I did go online and buy a new microwave. My microwave has reached it's life limit I think. It is acting funny and I am hesitant to use it. I think it may be older than when I moved into my house which means 17 years ago. I am due for a new one. I had to get a microwave that fits my space since it goes in a specific location.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Would love to hear what you have to say!