Wednesday, February 24, 2021

DAY FIFTY-SEVEN OF COOKING COURSE

Well, I did it!  I passed the Thai cooking chapter.  I took my test, passed and received my certificate.  

Today I cooked my final Thai dish Tom Som - Spicy and Sour Soup.  It IS Spicy.  I took one bite and gave the whole soup away.  I didn't even put all the spice in the soup.  It had a bunch of mushrooms, tofu and tomatoes in it.  It was a pretty soup that would burn your tongue out of your mouth.  I do see that my spice tolerance has increased through this course.  When my dog walker says something is too spicy for him, I know it is VERY spicy.  He is one of those folks that travels with hot sauce and grew up eating chili peppers in Mexico.  

Now I am moving on to the Vietnamese chapter.  I am super excited!  I started out with making Vegan Fish Sauce with pineapple.  The pineapple is cooked with sea salt and molasses.  Then it is strained and kept in the refrigerator.  

I wasn't done for the day and I made Fried Morning Glory with Spinach as a substitute.  The spinach is blanched and fried with the vegan fish sauce.  It was really tasty and I love spinach.

I got to take my heart monitor off today. It is all boxed up and ready to go back tomorrow.  Two days ago I could not wait to get it off but most of the time it was fine and didn't bother me.  I was thrilled to take a shower longer than a few minutes and this weekend I want to take a long bath.  While wearing the monitor you have to be careful how much water, sweat and steam gets near the monitor.  It will be a five weeks until I hear the results.  It will be interesting to hear the results.

It was a busy day.  I even had time to buy some more supplies for the upcoming week.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!