Wednesday, July 18, 2018

HAPPI PEDICURE

Today I took Happi for her pedicure.  It used to be so easy but as she has gotten older and now after her bad dental, she does not like going to the vet any more.  She shakes and shivers.  She whines and cries.  I try to get there early and take her for a walk so she can do her nervous pee and poo.  I get her to walk around the street a bit and sniff all the new smells to occupy her before we have to go inside.  Once we get inside she gets to nervous and worked up. 

Once she comes outside, she is so worked up, she just stands there and pants.  She breathes heavy and won't walk. Kind of like she is just got out of prison and she is taking in the fresh air.  I have to stand there and let her calm down before she will walk toward the car.  Then we have to get her to calm down more before I can get her in the car.  Then once she gets in the car, she falls asleep.  She is just that exhausted. 

I need to get a better association with the vet so she doesn't get so worked up. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!