Wednesday, July 21, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED SIXTY OF COOKING COURSE

 I started early today.  Last night I had to leave the cherries out to drain all night.  Then this morning I had to put the almond milk out to get room temperature.  Then after a work phone call I started working.  I made the dough and then left it to proof for two hours.  I spent that time washing the dishes and doing online food shopping.  I realized I had not food shopped for three weeks.  No wonder I have no food.  Okay, I have food but not the things I need to make dinner or lunch.  

Then after a two hour proof, I rolled out my dough and let it sit for 15 minutes.  Then I put in a pan, put the cherries on and put the crumble on top.  Into the oven it went.  Then I just had to wait for 40 minutes. 

It came out great.  It is a Cherry Crumble Cake.  It is so moist and delicious.  It tastes like a coffee cake we used to make when I was a kid without the cherries.  

I cut a large piece and took it to my neighbors for their guests.  Because what am I going to do with this large cake? 

Lucky and I went for a walk but I think it was too much for her.  She was limping a bit on her good leg.  She has limped since I got her on her back right leg when she walks fast.  I got it checked out when I got her and they could not find anything wrong. They think she may have been abused when she was little.  Now I have seen her limp this weekend and now tonight on her left foot/leg.  I carried her for part of the walk.  I think a few days of rest is necessary.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!