Monday, June 21, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED FORTY-SEVEN OF COOKING COURSE

 Today I had to be quick with my cooking course.  I had a bunch of things to get done.  First I had a zoom meeting at 10 am.  Then I had some work to do from that meeting.  Then I had the regular odds and ends from each day.  Then I had to eat lunch and take a work phone call.

Finally I could begin cooking. I made some quick Tahini Truffles.  They are raw and fabulous.  They are basically dates and tahini ground up and then chilled.  Then some ganache is put inside a ball.  Then chilled again.  They taste decadent. 

I tried something new with lighting today.  I think I need to experiment some more.  The truffles look okay but I didn't get the effect I wanted.

After making the truffles I went on a one mile walk.  Nothing exciting.  I just wanted to get it over with today.  I am still not feeling up to doing much.  

Last night I had to prepare a presentation that I gave this morning.  I did it and it went well.  I just felt so crappy yesterday that I really pushed myself to get it done.  I spoke to my doctor about it and he said well you get the work done.  But I feel like I get it done because I have to and I am basically working on adrenaline and fear that I won't be prepared.  But is that good for my health?  Is it healthy for a person who has RA to work on adrenaline to get work done because they fear for their job because they were sick over the weekend?  I don't have an answer.  I just started pondering this question.  How much stress am I putting on myself when I don't feel well.  How many times have I done work while I was in the ER when I was ill?  Participated in conference calls while in the hospital with meningitis?  Worked while in bed ill or laid up and supposed to be resting?  Taken a job interview the day after getting a concussion?  Not to mention taken emergency phone calls or done work while on vacation and supposed to be relaxing.  How much wear and tear is that doing to my body with the stress?    I think I need to rethink the way I work, the stress it is causing and how it is affecting my health and RA.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!