Wednesday, June 23, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED FORTY-EIGHT OF COOKING COURSE

 Today was a long day.  I had to work in the morning.  Then I got rid of Lucky when I sent her off with the dog walker and I started this recipe.  It was Raw Mixed Berry Jam.  This took an hour.  

 Then I made Mixed Berry Roll.  It was called Mixed Berry Cinnamon Roll but there was no cinnamon so it made no sense to me.  I guess they mean like a "cinnamon roll".  Basically I had to work with yeast again.  Ugh.

I made the yeasty dough and put in to rise.  Then I rolled it out and put the mixed berry jam on it.  Then I rolled it up and cut the roll in half.  Then I braided the two half's.  Then twirled it like a snail and put it in a pan.  45 minutes later I had a beautiful roll. 

I put some of the Coconut Rum Cream Sauce on top.

It tastes so good.  It is made from whole wheat flour so it is earthly and heavy.  If I made it again I would use regular flour and make it lighter.  

This took most of the day.  It was make the jam and then wait an hour.  Make the dough and then let it rise for an hour.  Then do another step and wait 15 minutes.  

Lucky and I took a short walk today at 6:45pm.  It was so late.

I am just finishing this and then vegging out.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!