Saturday, July 22, 2017

"I DON'T WANT TO TAKE HOME LEFTOVERS"


Tonight X and I went out for dinner for the first time just the two of us. I thought we would give it a try.  I found a place with a kids menu that had something X liked.  We got our food after earlier arguing about what X was allowed to drink.  The rule is no soda and no iced tea.  X doesn't need sugar or caffeine for dinner.  Lemonade and pizza were decided upon.  We ate our meal and X ate just a small bit because he ate and drank his drink very quickly.  He did eat all the pepperonis off the remaining pizza.


At the end of the meal, I got a take home box and X asked me what I was doing.  I said we are taking home the leftovers.  He said "I don't want to take home the leftovers."  He said we can just leave them here and they will throw them away.  I explained that when we pay for a meal and only eat a small portion of it at a restaurant, we take the rest of it home and eat it for lunch the next day.  We have pepperoni at home and can put it on the remaining pizza.  He was not happy and told me he would not eat it.


I don't really understand this because last week we had pizza at the house and there was enough leftover for X to eat pizza for two days for lunch.  He ate it willingly.  Maybe someone can explain to me the difference between leftovers from takeout food and leftovers from food from a restaurant.  Pizza leftovers are pizza leftovers. 


I am looking forward to MY leftover salad tomorrow.  The trick is to hold off putting on the salad dressing on the half you are taking home.  Now I have a salad for lunch tomorrow.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!