Friday, July 21, 2017

A STRING AND A KID

Today X was out in the backyard with a contraption he made doing who knows what.  He calls it his "work".  He took a jump rope, some mardi gras beads and another string and tied them together.  He is attempting to hang or string them somewhere.  When that failed, he decided to use some toy to beat up the ivy on my fence to cut it down. When I asked him about it, he said the ivy needed to be trimmed.  I guess he was listening in on a conversation I had with someone.  So he beat up the ivy for a good 30 minutes.

When he was done I told him he had to clean up the leaves.  He looked at me like I was an alien.  I said you cut down all the leaves and branches, you have to put them in the compost bin.  He asked if I have one of those blowy things.  I asked him where he would blow the leaves and such.  He thought about it and said that would not work.  After a short negotiation, we did it together.  Then I told him the walkway needed to be swept where he dropped all the leaves going to the bin.  He acted like I was asking him to do pre-calculus.  We did it together.

Now if I could channel that energy and get him to do the whole yard of all the ivy, I would not need a gardener!

I never did find out what he was doing with that string.  He said it was a secret.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!